Texas Continuing Education COURSE
Contract Competence in Texas (fulfills the 2021 contracts requirement)
As a Texas real estate license holder, competence is incumbent on you, whether it’s geographical competence, property type competence, or competence within your niche. Every transaction, no matter where the property is located, what type of property is being transferred, or what market segment is being served, involves contracts. You might say contractual competence is at the top of your competency pyramid. The view from up here can be daunting if you don’t know what you’re doing. But after this course you will. You’ll have command of promulgated forms, contract rule and laws, contract formation, deadlines and contingencies.
Course highlights include:
- How the Texas License Act applies to contracts
- License holder duties related to promulgated forms
- How to avoid the unauthorized practice of law
- Essential elements for a binding contract
- How and when oral negotiation is appropriate
- How to handle document irregularities
- How to avoid common contract mistakes
- Deadlines and the difference between time is of the essence and "reasonable time"
- Common contract contingencies and their role in the real estate transaction